Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Valentine's Day



I can't believe it's halfway through February. I have to get a move on about figuring out where I'm going next. It would be so easy just to stay here, but I've set myself a goal of March 1st as the time to find a new situation. That gives Richard a chance to find someone to replace me and for me to arrange something for me to do. Not sure yet if I should find a new HelpX placement, go sightseeing, buy a car, things like that. And, as a lot of you know, I am hopeless about making decisions.






I went on a swimming-with-dolphins trip on Tuesday, but unfortunately, due to the weather, it wasn't safe to be in the water with the dolphins (not to mention rather cold) but we did see them from the boat.





Actually, because of the speed of the dolphins and the speed of my reaction times, most of the pictures I took were less dramatic than hoped and involved the dolphin reentering the water or a fin, barely visible off in the distance.

I did learn something interesting - when a dolphin has a stillbirth, or the calf dies shortly after birth, she carries around the body until it completely decomposes as part of her grieving process. The tour operators had a picture in their collection of a dolphin carrying her baby's body on her back.



3 Comments:

At 11:24 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jennifer I am at Jane's and have set up her computer so Mom can read your Blog.We are having a good visit.I will email you later as I don't have my lap top with me.
Love Mom

 
At 5:50 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

The ocean is such a beautifull shade of blue...It is very cheering, thank you.
miss you,
K

 
At 1:17 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jenn,
had no idear that you liked dolphins so much, would have sent you on a kayak tour via the adelaide mangroves.
Mike Bosley is our champion for their protected enviroment. Sounds like NZ is a great place in australia we say you should do tassie first and then NZ might go that way next time its all about getting hols i have tried to crank mum up on that info you want, will keep pushing.. have fun don't miss a chance, you know where we are don,t be a stranger love helen and richard ps sorry for mistakes love helen

 

Post a Comment

<< Home