Sunday, February 18, 2007

thinking of Auntie Terry

Last night, at the Landing, I had to divide about 200 raw chicken livers into little plastic containers. I thought about my Auntie Terry - when I was little, she lived with us for a couple of months and all I remember is that she used to like to eat chicken livers and kept some in our fridge which, of course, my sister and I regarded with fascinated disgust. Now, I have no idea if she ate them all the time or if it is just the warped lens of a child's mind, but that's all I remember of the time she was there. Sometimes I wonder what my niece and nephew will remember of me from this time in their lives. I know once Lauren referred to me, in order to differentiate me from another Jennifer in her life, as 'the one who comes over to visit the dogs'. Justin and I sometimes draw together and I mostly doodle geometric shapes and patterns since my representational drawings are rather abysmal. When he asks me what I'm drawing I usually tell him that it's abstract art (as opposed to 'I can't draw') and apparently he has told his teacher that that his drawings are 'abstract' art, so I guess I'm having some sort of influence.


Justin and Lauren at Myrtle Beach

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home