Wednesday, April 11, 2007

down from the mountain top

Back from the meditation retreat - it was a worthwhile, interesting experience. I certainly found more than I was looking for. Still have to digest it all.

Caught a ride to Nelson with the two swamis and their ten year old daughter. Met up with Jill, a friend I met in a hostel in Auckland a few weeks ago. We went to dinner at her mom's friends' house. I know that I barely know Jill in the grand scheme of things - we hung out for 2 days in Auckland, but it was just so great to meet up with someone familiar. It has been good to meet lots of people and make new friends, but then you move on and likely never see the people again. I just wanted to connect with someone I already knew.

So, tomorrow I fly to Auckland (spent extra days at the retreat so I don't have time to meander back on the bus), and then on Sunday I leave for Singapore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home