Sunday, April 22, 2007

the airport has a rooftop swimming pool

Spent the night at Changi International Airport in Singapore. The airport is open 24 hours a day and has all sorts of things to do in addition to shopping and eating. When I arrived I went to the swimming pool and spent a pleasant hour and a half - it is surprisingly peaceful considering it's on the roof of an international airport. I haven't enjoyed a swim that much in a long time. There's also a free movie theatre, free Internet and x-box games, multiple flower gardens, lounges and play areas for the kids, live music at the bars in the evening and 24 hour shopping and restaurants. This is quite the airport. I rented a budget room in the transit hotel (very nice - comfy single bed, tv, shared bathroom) for 6 hours to sleep starting at midnight and now I'm wandering around the airport waiting for my flight to Vancouver, which is in a few hours. It made more sense than going into the city to find a hostel to sleep at, only to have to be back here so early.

I get into Toronto Monday night. Stopping over in Vancouver and going to Victoria didn't work out since I couldn't get the ticket changed, so I'm coming straight home.

3 Comments:

At 8:06 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I assume you have everything arranged??? But it would be remiss if I didn't ask...do you need a ride Monday night? You and whomever are welcome to camp here Monday if you get in really late...whatever you need...
KLW
p.s. the weather is fantastic, it is safe to come home.

 
At 8:15 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome home in advance Jenn - I've enjoyed checking in on your adventures.

There's a shiny new condo down the street from my house where once there was none. Well, not quite finished yet, but certainly more than the hole in the ground you left behind.

See you soon,

Richard xo

 
At 11:56 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome home Jennifer! Just in time for a St.Mike's meeting!!! HAHA

Laura

 

Post a Comment

<< Home